At Madison Homes, we value your business and respect your right to privacy.
When registering at our sales offices or visiting our websites, Madison Homes collects personal information from individuals with a commitment to the protection of individual privacy. Madison Homes asks for and maintains information on its visitors and clients to provide a better, more personal experience and to promote special offers.
Madison Homes has taken measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information. It is our promise that Madison Homes will not sell or trade any of the information accumulated through the course of business about registrants, web visitors or other contacts to any third parties. Individuals who wish to unsubscribe from our email database can do so by clicking the unsubscribe button from our email correspondence.
For the purposes of this Statement, "personal information" means information that is personally identifiable to individuals. "Non-identifiable information" means information that cannot be associated with or traced back to specific individuals with any certainty.
How and when Madison Homes collects personal information
1. Madison Homes collects personal information from individuals on a voluntary basis through surveys, contest entry forms, registration forms, questionnaires and transaction documents both online and offline. The personal information includes contact information (for example, name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number), demographic information, household information, preference information and transaction-related information.
Use of personal information by Madison Homes
2. Madison Homes uses personal information that it collects for the following:
- To communicate with individuals
- To understand individual needs
- To promote and offer products, services and special offers that meet individual needs or that might be of interest to individuals based on information provided and approved by Madison Homes.
- To provide individuals with products or services that are requested or that is part of Madison Homes’ ongoing service with its customers <
- To conduct, process and complete transactions with customers
The information also enables us to develop and customize our products and services to better meet the needs and preferences of customers. Madison Homes may, from time to time, contact individuals by electronic format, regular mail or telephone for any of the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of personal information by Madison Homes
3. Madison Homes does not sell, rent or trade personal information that it collects. Madison Homes will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
Retention of personal information by Madison Homes
4. At such time as personal information is no longer required for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or other statutory requirements, such personal information will be made anonymous or destroyed.
Collection, use and disclosure of non-identifiable information
5. Madison Homes collects and uses Non-Identifiable Information to assess the effectiveness of web site content and traffic. This allows Madison Homes to improve the quality of visits to web sites managed by it by streamlining visitors' ability to navigate these sites and developing featured programs and content that will be of interest to visitors. Aggregate non-identifiable information is used to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behaviour of individuals, and to measure demographics and interests.
6. Madison Homes also uses aggregate non-identifiable information it collects to inform its current and prospective sponsors and advertisers about the number of visits to its web sites, the demographic characteristics of these visitors and the number of times visitors have viewed and "clicked" on their advertisement(s). Madison Homes also discloses to advertisers the overall demographics available regarding visitors who "clicked" on their advertisement. Aggregate non-identifiable information may be used to describe Madison Homes’ services and products to third parties such as prospective business partners and financial institutions. In any of these circumstances, only non-identifiable information in an aggregate form and not personal information is disclosed.
Web sites operated by third parties
7. Web sites operated by Madison Homes may contain links to other web sites that may collect personal information. This Statement does not extend to the data collection, disclosure, use and retention practices of such third parties and Madison Homes does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of such third parties. Individuals should read the privacy policies of such third parties, and make an informed decision whether or not to visit such web sites and/or provide personal information to such third parties based upon their privacy practices and individual discretion.
Safeguarding personal information
8. Madison Homes has taken measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information as are appropriate in the circumstances. Personal information is stored in confidential databases and locations in the Greater Toronto Area. These sites have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under the care and control of Madison Homes. Any information transmitted via the Internet, however, may be intercepted by third parties. Madison Homes does not assume any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet. Madison Homes’ employees are restricted from using and disclosing personal information collected by Madison Homes other than in accordance with this Statement.
Accessing personal information
9. Individuals have the right to access, verify and correct or amend all of their personal information collected by Madison Homes. Madison Homes believes that it is imperative that personal information be as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Accordingly, to help Madison Homes keep personal information as current as possible, Madison Homes encourages individuals to amend inaccuracies and make corrections in their personal information collected by Madison Homes as often as necessary. To access verify and correct or amend personal information, please send an email to the Privacy Officer at Madison Homes at email@example.com or call at 416-661-4000, extension 249.
How to File a Complaint
10. To file a complaint with Madison Homes concerning the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information, please send an email to the Privacy Officer at Madison Homes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 416-661-4000, extension 249. All complaints will be investigated by the Madison Homes Privacy Officer as soon as is practical in the circumstances. Individuals will be notified of the outcome of the investigation of complaints clearly and promptly and will be notified of any relevant steps taken or to be taken as a result of a complaint.
Withdrawal of Consent
11. Individuals always have the choice whether or not they wish to supply Madison Homes with personal information. Individuals wishing to "opt-out" of receiving certain informational and promotional materials from Madison Homes or who otherwise object to the collection, use and disclosure policies as provided under this Privacy Statement, are asked to contact the Privacy Officer at Madison Homes by email at email@example.com or call at 416-661-4000, extension 249.
Opt-out opportunities are also provided in other circumstances such as in certain promotional mailings. Individuals are reminded that the decision to withhold personal information or to object to the use and/or disclosure of personal information as provided in this Privacy Statement or in any agreement between such individuals and Madison Homes, may, in certain instances, limit their ability to complete purchases of Madison Homes products and services and limit their ability to access or take advantage of certain promotions and features.
Your personal information is obtained and used only with your consent that may be expressed or implied depending on the circumstance.
Comments and Questions
12. Any comments or questions about this Statement, should be addressed to Madison Homes as follows:
369 Rimrock Road
Toronto, Ontario M3J 3G2
Attention: Privacy Officer
416-661-4000, extension 249.
Effective Date of Statement
13. This Statement has been adopted by Madison Homes as of July 1, 2014. Revisions to the Statement will be posted on www.madisonhomes.ca as soon as practical.